In anticipation of Apple’s event tomorrow, rumored to introduce the next generation of iPads, we’ve gathered 10 statistics that provide an insight on how people use their tablet devices.
1. 30% of U.S. households with access to internet own a tablet
2. Internet users view 70% more pages per visit when utilizing a tablet over a smartphone
3. By 2014, 48% of U.S. households will own a tablet
4. Female iPad owners spend an average of 15 hours per month using mobile apps. Male iPad owners spend about 12.5 hours.
5. 56% of U.S. households with an income of at least $75,000 per year own a tablet
6. In 2015, more tablets will be shipped than desktop computers and laptops combined
7. Spending on tablets will increase by 32% worldwide in 2013
8. Smartphones represent 70% of mobile ad impressions in Q1 2013, compared to just 25% for tablets
9. About 90% of tablet users visiting e-commerce sites come from an iPad
10. Internet use accounts for 24% of total device usage for U.S. iPad owners