When you are out camping or need power in an emergency, a battery-powered generator can be a lifesaver. These generators can be powered by regular batteries or even solar power, so they are perfect for use when there is no other source of electricity available. There are a lot of different options on the market, so I’ve compiled a list of the best battery-powered generators to help you choose the right one for your needs.
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240, 240Wh Backup Lithium Battery, 110V/200W Pure Sine Wave AC Outlet, Solar Generator (Solar Panel Not Included) for Outdoors Camping Travel Hunting EmergencyView on Amazon
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 300, 293Wh Backup Lithium Battery, 110V/300W Pure Sine Wave AC Outlet, Solar Generator (Solar Panel Not Included) for Outdoors Camping Travel Hunting BlackoutView on Amazon
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 1000, 1002Wh Solar Generator (Solar Panel Optional) with 3x110V/1000W AC Outlets, Solar Mobile Lithium Battery Pack for Outdoor RV/Van Camping, EmergencyView on Amazon
Westinghouse iGen160s Portable Power Station and Solar Generator, 150 Peak Watts and 100 Rated Watts, 155Wh Battery for Camping, Home, Travel, Indoor and Outdoor Use (Solar Panel Not Included)View on Amazon
- BrandWestinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment
MARBERO 88Wh Portable Power Station 24000mAh Camping Solar Generator(Solar Panel Not Included) Lithium Battery Power 110V/80W AC, DC, USB QC3.0, LED Flashlight for CPAP Home Camping Emergency BackupView on Amazon
ECO-WORTHY 84Wh Portable Power Station, Solar Generator with 18W Solar Panel, Flashlights, Camp Lamps with Battery, USB DC Outlets, for Outdoor Camping, Home Emergency Power Supply, Hurricane, FishView on Amazon
EF ECOFLOW Portable Power Station DELTA, UPS Power Supply 1260Wh Battery Pack with 6 1800W (3300W Surge) AC Outlets, Solar Battery Generator for Outdoor Camping RVView on Amazon
- BrandEF ECOFLOW
146Wh Portable Power Station, SinKeu Portable Power Bank with AC outlet, Laptop Charger with 110V/100W AC Outlet, DC Port, QC 3.0 USB Port, Rechargeable Backup Lithium Battery for Outdoor Camping Home Office EmergencyView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-02-05 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
8 things to look for when buying battery-powered generators
Having the best emergency power solution is critical for any off-grid home or business. A battery-powered generator can provide the peace of mind and security that you need to know that you can weather any storm. Here are eight things to look for when considering a battery-powered generator for your home or business:
1. Run time: When the power goes out, you want to know that your generator will be able to keep going as long as you need it to. Look for a generator with a long run time so that you don't have to worry about it running out of juice in the middle of an emergency.
2. Battery life: The last thing you want is for your generator to die in the middle of a power outage. Make sure to choose a generator with long battery life so that you can be confident it will last through even the longest power outage.
3. Portability: If you need to evacuate in an emergency, you'll want a generator that is easy to take with you. Look for a generator that is lightweight and easy to transport so that you can take it with you if you need to leave in a hurry.
4. Durability: When the weather takes a turn for the worse, you'll want to know that your generator can withstand the elements. Choose a generator made from durable materials that can stand up to high winds and driving rain.
5. Ease of use: In an emergency situation, the last thing you want is to struggle with a complicated generator. Look for a generator that is easy to set up and use so that you can get it running quickly in an emergency.
6. Multi-functionality: In an emergency, you may need more than just power. Some battery-powered generators come with additional features like lights and charging ports for phones and other devices. Choose a generator that can do double duty in an emergency to make sure you have everything you need.
7. Service and support: When you're buying a battery-powered generator, you're not just buying a piece of equipment—you're also buying peace of mind. Make sure to choose a reputable brand with good customer service and support so that you can be confident your generator will be there when you need it.
8. Price: Battery-powered generators can range in price, so it's important to find one that fits your budget. But don't sacrifice quality for price—look for a generator that offers good value for the price and that will meet your needs in an emergency.
With a solid understanding of what to look for in a battery-powered generator, you can be confident you're choosing the right one for your home or business. Keep these eight things in mind when shopping for a generator, and you'll be sure to find the perfect one for your needs.